Northumberland Energy Park Phase 1
- 36 HA including 11.13 HA Enterprise Zone.
- North East Enterprise Zone (EZ) which helps attract new industry to the area.
- Attractive to businesses operating in the offshore energy and marine industry.
- Direct quay access with deep-water (9.0 LAT) and jack up barge capability. Plus access to four additional deep-water berths at Battleship Wharf.
- £30m Government investment secured to develop a new dock.
Energy Central – A premier deep-water East Coast UK energy base located in the North East of England – is delivered through a unique partnership between Advance Northumberland, the Port of Blyth, Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult and Northumberland County Council which brings together:
● Nearly 200 HA of strategic, quay linked development sites.
● The Port’s expertise in managing and supporting time-critical offshore energy projects.
● National energy infrastructure including the North Sea Link UK/Norway Interconnector and National Grid assets.
● Market access offshore energy developments in the North Sea including offshore wind projects (Dogger Bank, Hornsea and Firth of Forth).
Energy Central benefits from a connected location including:
- Air – Newcastle International Airport is a short drive away.
- Road – The A1(M) connects Northumberland to the entire UK motorway network.
- Sea – The Port of Blyth provides deep-water, lock-free access to the North Sea’s basin.
- Rail – Excellent links to high speed rail network, linking nearby Newcastle Central to London Kings Cross.
- Access to markets
- River and Port Capabilities
- Innovation and R&D capabilities
- Skills and Talent
EDF Energy Renewables
North Sea Link
Port Training Services
Geos Marine Fuels
Northern Power Grid
Deep Ocean (Enshore)
Global Marine Group