New Opportunities for Creative Practitioners
The natural beauty and wildlife of our coastlines has inspired artists for generations and continues to ignite the imagination today.
In that tradition, Create North is supporting the development of a major new walking trail linking new public sculptures inspired by the coastal birdlife found around Amble. Created by nationally and internationally renowned artists, these exciting artworks will bring something unique and very special to the area.
Due to launch this autumn, the trail will showcase the diversity of Amble’s birdlife through a range of sculptural, sound/music, text/poetry, and digital technology artforms. It will be a ‘must see’ immersive experience that will stimulate a heightened awareness of the relationship between the landscape and its ornithology.
As a significant public art project with a national profile, the trail’s accompanying community engagement programme of associated activities represents a wonderful opportunity for local artists to capitalise on this major investment.
This two-day programme has been designed for artists and creative practitioners located in Northumberland and North of the Tyne to explore how they might make the very most of the opportunities that this new venture creates.
Over the two days you will:
- Gain a deep knowledge of the artworks and the birdlife which has inspired them
- Learn about commissioning opportunities linked to the trail and how the engagement programme presents an opportunity to showcase work
- Explore the potential of the area’s birdlife to inspire new creative and commercial opportunities
- Generate ideas for creative products and services with differentiated audiences in mind
- Find out how other artists pursuing similar lines of enquiry have successfully developed their practice and new income streams
- Develop entrepreneurial know-how to critique and exploit ideas
- Link with creative and commercial networks that may add value to your commercial propositions
As part of this event, you will meet the commissioners, walk the trail and network with other peers over lunch.
The course is free to participants, as it is fully funded, but places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
This workshop will be delivered by Jane Shaw. Jane is a founding director of Create North, one of the UK’s longest established enterprise animation companies specifically focused helping individuals and organisations to exploit their latent enterprise talents. Jane will share insights from her 25 years’ experience of supporting creative practitioners generate income from their work.
To register your interest in this course, click here to send us your details and a member of the team will get in touch with you.